In 1889, French egyptologist Auguste Mariette discovered a double statue of Pharaoh Amenhotep III and Queen Tiye at Medinet (Thebes). Once the massive statue was restored it was learned that six pieces were missing. Modern stonework was used by an Italian team to fill in missing pieces to complete the statue.
On January 9, 2011, Farouk Hosny, Egyptian Minister of Culture announced the missing pieces of the 18th Dynasty double statue had finally been discovered at the king's mortuary temple on Luxor's west bank by an Egyptian team under the direction of Dr. Zahi Hawass, the Secretary General of the Supreme Council of Antiquities.
The missing pieces were from Amenhotep III's right chest area, nemes headdress and leg and a section of Queen Tiye's wig as well as pieces of her left arm, fingers and foot. A small section of the base of the double statue was also found. The will be restored and placed into the double statue at a later date.
For more information about this remarkable find and to see a diagram of the double statue and the location of the newly discovered pieces, you can read this article.