Thursday, November 18, 2010

140 LB. Newfoundland Dog Saves 95 Year-Old Neighbor

It's been a while since I've done one of my regular sort of posts as I've been focusing on a lot of television lately.  I haven't forgotten about the sort of posts I usually do and will be doing my best to get more of them back on the blog, especially once the holidays are over and I've got a bit more time on my hands.

Anyway, I've got an awesome story for you today.

Murphy, a 140 pound full-blooded Newfoundland dog is a true hero tonight after helping to save his 95 year-old neighbor.  The neighbor had apparently fallen in her garage and was in need of help.  Murphy knew something was wrong even though his owners did not.  He barked and caused a ruckus so that his owner, Stephanie Goese of Roseville, Minnesota took a look to see what was the matter.  Stephanie was able to get her neighbor indoors and make sure she was OK (Stephanie is a nurse).

News stories like this just have a way of making you smile, don't they?  And isn't Murphy the most adorable big guy you've ever seen?

You can watch a video of the news story courtesy of the MSNBC.com video player here:

No comments:

Post a Comment